Even simpler to use than a traditional contacting extensometer, the MTS Advantage™ Optical Extensometer (AOX) provides all the precision and productivity advantages of a non-contacting strain measurement solution.
FASTER TEST COMPLETION
- Always on—once it is set up, the AOX is always measuring, saving time
- No specimen grids or patterns required for pre-test calibration—so you can start testing sooner
- Faster throughput—Instant Reset feature automatically starts next test within two seconds
- Data rate up to 3000 Hz—provides more information
- Laser-assist alignment feature—quickly verifies specimen alignment and optics positioning
- Telecentric lens option with up to 5 nm resolution—reduces out-of-plane measurement errors
- Static or dynamic tests—can measure uniaxial strain in both monotonic and cyclic applications
- Quick-attach load frame mounts—easily move from one frame to another
- Multi-use—can be used as non-contacting COD gage or deflectometer
Whether you are measuring QC tensile strength, long-term fatigue or strain-controlled crack growth, this extensometer can accommodate everything from fine resolution measurements to high-elongation requirements and more.